Things to Do In Evansville, IN
You know the history of Evansville and some of the reasons it’s become home to many younger families, but now we’re going to help you find out some of the things you should do if you’re in the area. No matter what your style, the city of Evansville has got you covered with a significant amount of things for you to do and enjoy. History buffs and outdoors people alike can find enjoyment in a beautiful city. Below, we’ll detail just a few of the things you can enjoy on your visit to Evansville no matter what you like to do.
- Arts District: Five specific areas in the city come together to form the Arts District complete with attractions, restaurants, museums, urban appeal, and more. If you’re looking for live music, a place to lay your head, a walk around the city, or a cozy coffee shop, the Arts District is the perfect place for you.
- Tropicana Evansville: Home to some of the most beautiful views in the city, there are two hotels, a 24-hour casino, four restaurants, and two bars nestled along the riverfront. If you’re looking for exciting nightlife, there’s no better place than the Tropicana Evansville.
- Bosse Field: Built-in 1915, the Bosse Field is the current home of the Evansville Otters of the Independent Frontier League. In the country, only two fields (Fenway Park in Boston and Wrigley Field in Chicago) are older than Bosse Field. It’s home to the film A League of Their Own and is the perfect place to visit for history buffs and sports fans alike.
- Walther’s Golf & Fun Center: Looking for something to do with the family? Walther’s is just one of many exciting centers that can provide for all-day family fun. This center has 36 holes of mini-golf, laser tag, arcade games, and more. There’s also an indoor playground perfect for the children. The center also offers snacks and beverages when you need to take a break.
- Wesselman Woods: A National Nature Landmark and State Nature Preserve, the Wesselman Woods are the perfect place for education and outdoor activities. Whether our looking to go for a nature walk or you want to check out the Nature Playscape, this 190-acre forest is the perfect option for a day in Evansville.
Evansville Indiana offers you plenty of opportunities regardless of what you like to do, making it a popular destination for visitors and home buyers alike. While the city boasts a great economy and average median home cost of $155,000, there’s plenty of reason to make Evansville a place to visit…or potentially even call it home.
There are so many great things to do in Evansville, which is why we’re proud to call it home. We’ve been here for over two decades and we’ve watched as the city has transformed into what it is today. There are so much beauty and history to take in. Won’t you join us?